Job Description & Requirements
Registered Nurse - Clinical Education Specialist
1. Leads the UTSW Provider Unit (PU) and has responsibility and authority to ensure compliance with ANCC Accreditation Program criteria for all aspects of planning, implementing and evaluating nursing continuing professional development (NCPD) activities. Coordinates the APU application, self-study, re-accreditation, and annual reports.
2. Ensures adherence to ANCC Accreditation Program criteria for operations of the PU. Selects and orients the organization’s Nurse Planners. Implements structures and processes to ensure Nurse Planners understand and comply with ANCC Accreditation Program criteria.
3. Maintains current working knowledge of accreditation criteria as well as federal, state, and local requirements for nursing continuing professional development and continuing competency.
4. Engages in continuous improvement process to evaluate the effectiveness of the Provider Unit (PU) in delivering quality NCPD activities and influencing nurse learners’ professional development.
5. Oversees Nursing Clinical Ladder.
6. Meets or exceeds financial goals and objectives of PU. Develops and monitors Professional Development budget.
7. Serves as primary point of contact to the ANCC Accreditation Program Office.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.