Job Description & Requirements
Intensive Care Nurse - ICU Nurse - Travel - (ICU RN)
31-Bed Flex Unit – taking majority Intermediate Level Patients
Neurosciences intermediate care level provides support for the neuro-surgical and neuro-medicine populations. Patients in this setting may require frequent neurological assessments and collaborative evaluations to manage intermediate care status. Continuity of care is facilitated in this unit through ICU transition for optimization of clinical outcomes. The population will include but is not limited to:
• Acute Stroke management (ischemic, hemorrhagic, SAH, etc.)
• Post Neuro-surgical management (craniotomy, ventriculostomy, complex neuro-spine)
• Seizure management (epilepsy, post-ictal and pseudo-seizures)
• Demyelinating diseases of the brain (Multiple Sclerosis)
• Demyelinating Polyneuropathies (Guillain-Barre)
NSIU receives overflow of populations such as trauma and medical patients at times. Nursing staff analyze cardiac rhythms on their patients; we are not monitored by monitor techs. BLS is required upon hire; ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) and TNCC (Trauma Nursing Core Course) are preferred.
Skills that will be utilized are NIHSS, Lumbar puncture assistance, arterial lines, central lines, tracheotomy patients, lumbar drains, IV start skills, peripheral lab draws, arterial blood draws, various intravenous drips ie. cardiac, insulin, heparin, and cardiac monitoring.
RN ratio for Intermediate beds 1:4