Job Description & Requirements
Ambulatory Nurse - OR
Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States ranks highest in J.D. Power and Associates Member Health Plan satisfaction. The 130,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility provides a convenient location for the large and growing number of Kaiser Permanente members in the Baltimore area. It is easily accessible from I-95 and includes ample on-site parking. Kaiser Permanente is constantly investing in the communities it serves to offer its unique model of delivery which produces high quality committed physicians and services at an affordable cost.
1. Utilizes the standard of care in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the surgical patient in the delivery of perioperative nursing care during the surgical process.
2. Directs the coordination of efforts of the OR team members in rendering perioperative nursing care while in the roll of the circulating, scrub, pre-op or recovery nurse.
3. Develops a perioperative nursing care plan on each surgical patient.
4. Ensures a safe supportive environment for staff, physicians and patients.
5. Assembles and communicates appropriate information in verbal or written reports in order to maintain continuity of care in the perioperative nursing process.
6. Maintains current skill and knowledge of surgical procedures and principles of sterile techniques.
7. Executes proper use, care, handling and processing of equipment, supplies and instrumentation used in the area of surgical specialty.
8. Participates in operating room Quality Assurance program.
9. Promotes personal and professional growth by actively participating in continuing education programs.
10. Participates in the professionalism of the Operating Room by showing courtesy, compassion, respect and adherence to the standards.
11. Performs other related duties as directed.