Job Description & Requirements
Ambulatory Nurse - OR - Travel - (OR RN)
1. General job duties. Types of procedures required.
Pre-op patients going to surgery/Phase I, Phase II recovery of patients going home.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)
Pyxis, paper charting
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
Minimum 2 years experience in same say surgery IV starts
Fast paced environment
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
NV License, PALS, ACLS, BLS
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
Employee will never work alone/no call
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
10 pre-op beds - 10 recovery beds
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only)
1:1 pre-op & 2:1 post-op
9. Dress Code:
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
Given packet of papers that are used - will have a preceptor with them.