Job Description & Requirements
Emergency Room Nurse - Emergency Nurse
The Clinical Nurse III performs as a clinical specialist for his/her unit and is responsible for safe and appropriate patient care, for providing instruction, direction and supervision to unit staff, serving as a clinical resource for all departments. Work requires thorough and advanced knowledge of the nursing process, patient assessment and nursing standards, knowledge of the California Nursing Practice Act, hospital policies and procedures, intermediate pharmaceutical, math skills and knowledge of management and assignment personnel. Analyzes data, determines time, place and sequence of healthcare or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination and/or reporting on events. Teaches, instructs patients and families on healthcare subjects, provides explanation. Demonstrates and supervises practice, may make recommendations to physicians or other nursing staff based on nursing care principles to assure optimum patient care. Will meet with representatives of agencies/organizations.
• Prefer minimum 3 year experience in the area of practice, i.e. surgical services.
• Successful completion of the Unit specific criteria for Clinical II and competencies.
• Nursing practice consistent with the performance standards of the Clinical Level III position per Hospital Clinical Ladder policy requirements.
• Must possess good verbal and written English communication skills, time management and prioritizing skills.
• Computer knowledge and experience preferred.
• Peripheral IV experience and skills required.
• Require current State of California Board of Registered Nursing License.
• Require current American Heart Association BCLS certification.
• Require current American Heart Association ACLS and PALS or ENPC certification.
• TNCC preferred
• Current National Certification Examination designation per Clinical Ladder criteria.
Specialty: ICU Experience