Job Description & Requirements
Medical Surgical Nurse - Travel - (MS RN)
- 396 bed tertiary care facility
- Build your resume at our Level 2 Adult & Pediatric Trauma center, northern Indiana's only heart and kidney transplant programs, an accredited bariatric surgery center, an accredited and commended community hospital cancer care program and a certified primary stroke center.
- Located in Indiana’s second-largest city, Fort Wayne is a three-time All American City Award winner, consistently cited for high quality of life, low cost of living and warm Hoosier Hospitality.
Years of Experience: 2.
- Prior travel nursing contract experience
- Experience with pre/post Neuro sugery, CVA patients
- NIH Stroke certification
About the Facility
This 396-bed tertiary care facility, features Level II verified adult and pediatric trauma centers and an accredited cancer care program. In addition, this facility has achieved advanced certification from The Joint Commission for ventricular assist devices and was the first hospital in northern Indiana to perform transcatheter aortic valve replacement.
Fort Wayne is a midwestern city that's chock full of cultural and entertainment options. The city boasts plenty of annual festivals that residents and visitors flock to by the hundreds. BBQ Ribfest, Greek Fest, and the Three Rivers Festival are just a few of these vibrant events. The John and Ruth Rhinehart Music Center provides Fort Wayne residents with a bevy of performing arts related events every month, while the Fort Wayne MoMA specializes in showing the best of contemporary American visual art. Recently voted "Best Place in the Country for Minor League Sports," Fort Wayne offers the sports enthusiast something to love as well.
Onward Healthcare's travel nursing assignments typically last 13 weeks, and include:
Competitive pay rates and comprehensive benefits
Medical plans with dental and vision
Complimentary, high-quality private housing
401(k) and flex spending options
Accident and short-term disability coverage
Free continuing education (CE) courses
Guaranteed pay program
Tuition discount program
About the Company
Onward Healthcare, an AMN Healthcare company, is a travel nursing company dedicated to moving our nurses careers "onward and upward." Our team of expert recruiters connect clinicians with exclusive travel nursing opportunities at the nation’s top hospitals and healthcare facilities. Onward's nursing assignments are part of a larger, comprehensive RN career development and consultation service. Onward/AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.