Job Description & Requirements
Labor & Delivery Nurse - Travel - (LD RN)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. The job incumbent is required to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care appropriate to the age of the patients served on their assigned unit(s). This requires that the incumbent demonstrates knowledge of the princi¬ples of growth and devel¬opment as well as the physical, emotional and psycho-social needs of the patient population served.
2. Work requires a professional level of knowledge of nursing practice and theory at a level that generally can be acquired by completion and graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
3. The job incumbent is required to become nationally certified once qualified to test (2 years of employment and 2000 worked hours in specialty).
4. Work requires three to six months unit-specific orientation and on-the-job training to learn department/unit policies, procedures and work routines; to develop proficiency in use of medical equipment and instru¬ments used on assigned unit; to learn nursing care and quality assurance standards; and gain an understanding of the types of patients cared for on unit, their needs, and effective nursing interventions.
5. Work requires the interpersonal skills necessary to comfort patients, family members and/or significant others; to communicate effectively and concisely with other patient care providers; and to instruct patients, family members and/or significant others in self-care/home care procedures.
6. Work requires analytical ability necessary to assess patients' physical, psychological and social needs, develops individual¬ized patient care plans, and evaluate patients' responses to medical and nursing interventions.
Easy to access, Peoria’s metropolitan lifestyle gets together with stunning natural beauty. Discover the center of this city and its endless stretches of riverbanks and trails while you explore the unique shopping and dining adventure. The hot summers and cool winters, bring dazzle to the fall foliage and bright spring blooms in this city of cultural attraction. Peoria is also the home of University of Illinois College of Medicine.
Onward Healthcare's travel nursing assignments typically last 13 weeks, and include:
Competitive pay rates and comprehensive benefits
Medical plans with dental and vision
Complimentary, high-quality private housing
401(k) and flex spending options
Accident and short-term disability coverage
Free continuing education (CE) courses
Guaranteed pay program
Tuition discount program
About the Company
Onward Healthcare, an AMN Healthcare company, is a travel nursing company dedicated to moving our nurses careers "onward and upward." Our team of expert recruiters connect clinicians with exclusive travel nursing opportunities at the nation’s top hospitals and healthcare facilities. Onward's nursing assignments are part of a larger, comprehensive RN career development and consultation service. Onward/AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.