Job Description & Requirements
Medical Surgical Nurse - Travel - (MS RN)
This Med/Surg Rehab unit boasts the latest in advanced technology housed within a caring and effective patient care model. A new MS RN team member is needed to round out the care model. This position presents a great opportunity to learn the latest technologies while providing excellent care within a passionate team environment.
1. General job duties/ Types of procedures required: Knowledge of basic surgical post-operative care, Knowledge of tubes and drains. Accurate I&O, knowledge of post-operative complications
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.): EPIC, pyxis, Alaris IV pump, SCD machines, wound vacs, Chest tubes, NGT and suction
3. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?):
12 hour shifts; 36 hours weekly, every other weekend, rotating holidays
4. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?): Yes, Med-Surg, 3east, 4 West
5. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept: 42 bed unit
6. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only): Days 4-5, nights 5-6
7. Dress Code: Scrubs, any color, well fitting
8. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program: 1st day will be with preceptor until 3pm, then with manager, HR and completing healthstreams.
Easy to access, Peoria’s metropolitan lifestyle gets together with stunning natural beauty. Discover the center of this city and its endless stretches of riverbanks and trails while you explore the unique shopping and dining adventure. The hot summers and cool winters, bring dazzle to the fall foliage and bright spring blooms in this city of cultural attraction. Peoria is also the home of University of Illinois College of Medicine.
Onward Healthcare's travel nursing assignments typically last 13 weeks, and include:
Competitive pay rates and comprehensive benefits
Medical plans with dental and vision
Complimentary, high-quality private housing
401(k) and flex spending options
Accident and short-term disability coverage
Free continuing education (CE) courses
Guaranteed pay program
Tuition discount program
About the Company
Onward Healthcare, an AMN Healthcare company, is a travel nursing company dedicated to moving our nurses careers "onward and upward." Our team of expert recruiters connect clinicians with exclusive travel nursing opportunities at the nation’s top hospitals and healthcare facilities. Onward's nursing assignments are part of a larger, comprehensive RN career development and consultation service. Onward/AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.