Job Description & Requirements
Oncology Nurse - Travel - (Onc RN)
1. General job duties. Types of procedures required.
Take care of Oncology patients that are newly diagnosed, dealing with the side effects of chemo and/or radiation and disease process. Also administer to death/dying patients from multiple disease processes. Supplement census with medical patients. Assist with bone marrow biopsies.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)
EPIC-charting, Pyxis-meds, Alaris-pump, Sapphire-epi/peridural, wound vacs
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
3 years min experience. Prefer experience in oncology and/or hospice but will consider other applicants
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
IL RN license required
BLS required, ONC and/or Bio/Chemotherapy Certification required
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
12 hour shifts,
4 Weekend shift/6 wk schedule
Must be willing to float to Med/Surg units in turn with SAMC RN staff
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
Yes….1 South, 3 South, 3 East, 4 East (Med-Surg Units)
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
23 bed unit
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only)
Days 1:5 Nights 1:6
9. Dress Code:
Plain colored scrub pants. Any color scrub top. Clean, Neat and Tidy
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
Orientation to Unit = 2 Days
Easy to access, Peoria’s metropolitan lifestyle gets together with stunning natural beauty. Discover the center of this city and its endless stretches of riverbanks and trails while you explore the unique shopping and dining adventure. The hot summers and cool winters, bring dazzle to the fall foliage and bright spring blooms in this city of cultural attraction. Peoria is also the home of University of Illinois College of Medicine.
Onward Healthcare's travel nursing assignments typically last 13 weeks, and include:
Competitive pay rates and comprehensive benefits
Medical plans with dental and vision
Complimentary, high-quality private housing
401(k) and flex spending options
Accident and short-term disability coverage
Free continuing education (CE) courses
Guaranteed pay program
Tuition discount program
About the Company
Onward Healthcare, an AMN Healthcare company, is a travel nursing company dedicated to moving our nurses careers "onward and upward." Our team of expert recruiters connect clinicians with exclusive travel nursing opportunities at the nation’s top hospitals and healthcare facilities. Onward's nursing assignments are part of a larger, comprehensive RN career development and consultation service. Onward/AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.