Arkansas isn't called "The Nature State" for nothing. Considering the many waterfalls, hot springs, caverns and the world's only public diamond mine, there's never a shortage of outdoor things to see and do. The state also boasts world-class golf courses, music festivals and the majestic waters of Hot Springs National Park.
At Onward Healthcare, our team is standing by to help you get your Arkansas RN license, find the perfect travel nurse assignment in Arkansas, cover your housing and travel expenses, and reimburse your Arkansas board of nursing license fees!
5 Steps To Your Arkansas RN License:
Create an account on the Arkansas Nurse Portal, which is maintained by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing (ASBN).
- Create an account on the Arkansas Nurse Portal, which is maintained by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing (ASBN).
- Pay the application fees for an RN license by endorsement, currently $125.
- Submit verification of current licensure to the ASBN. If you were originally licensed in one of the states listed on Nursys, you must obtain verification through Nursys. If you were originally licensed in a state that is NOT on the Nursys website, you must obtain verification by mailing the ASBN Verification Form to the licensing agency in that state.
- Verify recent employment that shows active practice in nursing, or the appropriate refresher course or other evidence as required by the board.
- Submit an application for state and federal criminal background checks by following instructions on the ASBN website’s Criminal Background Checks System.
- Earning 15 contact hours of accredited, practice-focused activities; or
- Holding a nationally recognized certification/re-certification; or
- Completing a minimum of one college credit hour course in nursing with a grade of C or better.
Arkansas is a Nurse Compact State
Arkansas has been part of the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) since July 1, 2000.
How to Renew Your Arkansas Nursing License
Nurses can renew their LPN or RN license online through the Arkansas Nurse Portal, and pay the application fee by credit card.
Arkansas nursing licenses must be renewed every two years.
Design your ideal job
Design your ideal job