Travel nursing jobs in Louisiana offers an experience like no other. From popular favorites such as Mardi Gras and shrimping off the gulf coast, to more subdued activities like visiting America's disappearing wetlands and biking along the flat rural roads -- whatever your pace is, Louisiana always has something either hot and spicy, or calm and relaxing to offer.
If you need help obtaining your Louisiana nursing license Onward Healthcare is here to help. We have all of the information and resources you need to get started with your nursing license verification or renewal. In addition to leveraging our knowledge, in some cases, we can also assist financially by providing reimbursement for your state licensing fees.
Your Guide to a Louisiana Nursing License
Get started today by applying for Louisiana travel nurse jobs or searching for a job using our job search tool. You can search by location or specialty! Every journey must begin somewhere, and the road to a Louisiana Nursing License starts with a stop at the Louisiana Board of Nursing. Almost all licensing activities can be completed through the online nurse portal.
Applying To A Louisiana Nursing License
Louisiana state board of nursing license verification can also be completed online in partnership with the Nursys system.
Nurses can complete their:
- Application for licensure by endorsement
- Application for licensure by reinstatement
- Application for endorsement permit
- Application for disaster permit
- Application for a special healthcare event permit
- Application for conversion of Louisiana RN license to multistate license
Louisiana Nursing License Specifics
Whether you are applying for a Louisiana nursing license by endorsement or examination, you will need to have certain forms and paperwork ready. Below is a list of some of the common items you will need to have ready and completed in order to obtain this state license.
- Government-issued photo ID
- Social security number
- A criminal background check (CBC)
- Affidavit of Verification (endorsement only)
The fees for licensing are as follows:
- $139.25 - application for full licensure, without a 90-day temporary endorsement permit.
- $149.25 - application for full licensure, without a 90-day temporary endorsement permit and ‘LiveScan’ fingerprinting at the LSBN office.
- $239.25 - application for full licensure with a 90-day temporary endorsement permit.
- $249.25 - application for full licensure, with a 90-day temporary endorsement permit and ‘LiveScan’ fingerprinting at the LSBN office.
Louisiana is a Compact State
Louisiana is a member of the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC). The NLC allows a registered nurse licensed in a Compact state to practice across state lines in another Compact state without having to obtain a license in another state. If you currently hold a Louisiana state nursing license for single-state practice, you can convert it to a multi-state license.
Design your ideal job
Design your ideal job