NY Nurse License, Renewal, and Verification Information
Need to get your New York nursing license? Below is a guide to obtaining your New York nursing license as well as information pertaining to New York nursing license verification and renewal.
Looking for more help? Onward Healthcare’s friendly licensure experts will guide you through the process of obtaining your New York nursing license. Fill out the form to the right to get started.
How To Apply:
Getting your NY nursing license can be a difficult process, especially if you’re a new RN. Below are some tips to help you throughout the process.
- To receive your New York nursing license, individuals must meet all education and examination requirements and as well as apply for a license via the New York State Education Department (NYSED).
- Educational requirements include completion of NYSED-approved child abuse reporting coursework and infection control coursework. If you’ve already completed these programs as a part of your studies, you don’t have to take additional courses.
- Examination requirements for NY nursing licensure include successful completion of the NCLEX examination.
- The NYSED issues limited permits to nursing graduates that qualify to practice nursing before being licensed as an RN. Those who are interested must complete the appropriate applications.
New York Nursing License Renewal
- Interested in New York nursing license renewal? Below are important things to keep in mind when starting the New York nursing license renewal process.
- RNs are required to renew their NY nursing license every three years at a $35 fee per renewal period.
- You must have no more than five months left in your current registration period, or your last valid registration period ended less than four months ago.
- You must have the PIN provided on your registration renewal document and complete the renewal application to renew online.
New York Nursing License Verification
If you’re applying for a NY nursing license via endorsement, you can go to Nursys.com, where you can navigate to the Nursys Licensure Verification tab. Here you can request a secure electronic verification of licensure.
Additional Resources and Links
New York Board of Nursing NY State Education Department Office of the Professions Division of Professional Licensing Services Nurse
Unit 89 Washington Avenue Albany, New York 12234-1000
Phone: (518) 474-3817, ext. 280
Design your ideal job