OH Nurse License, Renewal, and Verification Information
Need information on obtaining your Ohio nurse license? Below is everything you need to know about getting your Ohio nurse license, plus information on Ohio nurse license verification and Ohio nursing license renewal.
Looking for guidance on obtaining your Ohio nursing license? Onward Healthcare’s nursing licensure experts will walk you through the Ohio nurse license process.
How To Apply:
When obtaining your Ohio nurse license, keep the following information and requirements in mind:
- Nurses applying for an Ohio nurse license via examination must complete a nursing program that’s approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing, in addition to successfully passing the NCLEX-RN examination.
- RNs must submit all Ohio nurse licensure and certificate applications online via the Ohio Board of Nursing’s website, eLicense.Ohio.gov.
- You must complete the endorsement application and submit a criminal records check to apply for your Ohio nursing license via endorsement. The fee for the application is $75.
Ohio Nursing License Renewal
Looking for information on the Ohio nurse license renewal process? Here are some helpful tips:
- Due to recent changes in Ohio law, if you hold an active RN license in Ohio, your current license is now legally valid through October 31, 2017.
- Ohio nursing licenses renew every two years, with a renewal fee of $65. RNs must complete at least 24 CE hours to renew their Ohio nurse license.
Ohio Nursing License Verification
For information about your Ohio nurse license verification, go to the eLicense Center website or directly contact the Ohio Board of Nursing. You can request license verification via the Nursys website if you're out of state.
Additional Information And Links:
17 South High Street, Suite 400
Columbus, Ohio 43215-7410
(614) 466-3947 FAX: (614) 466-0388
Design your ideal job