Oregon Nursing License, Verification and Renewal Facts
Need information on how to get your Oregon license?
Before you begin the process, below are some facts on how to get your Oregon license as well as information regarding the Oregon nursing license verification and renewal processes.
If you need additional help in getting your Oregon RN license, fill out the form to get in contact with our licensure experts.
[SEARCH Oregon Travel Nursing Jobs]
How to Get Your Oregon Nursing License
Below are some help facts you need to know before getting started on the Oregon nursing license application process:
- Oregon nursing licensure by endorsement is $195
- Oregon nursing licensure by exam is $160
- Individuals must pass the NCLEX examination if they are applying for licensure by examination
- Licensure by exam is completed online via the Oregon State Board of Nursing website if you are U.S. based and via paper if you are not U.S. based
- Licensure by endorsement can only be completed online via the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
Oregon License Verification Facts
What is the Oregon nursing license verification process?
You can easily verify your license online via the Application Status Wizard here.
If you need to verify your nursing license with another state, you can do so on Nursys.
Oregon Nursing License Renewal Facts
Below is what you need to know about Oregon nursing license renewals:
- You can renew your Oregon RN license online. Click here to start the Oregon nursing license renewal process.
- Renewing your Oregon RN license costs $145
- There is a $100 late fee if you renew your license past the due date
- An Oregon nursing license lasts two years
- You must renew your license on or before your birthday on an odd or even year depending on what year you were born
- The first time you get your license it lasts only until your birthday on an even or odd year, so the license can expire only a few months after you get your initial license
- To qualify for the Oregon nursing license renewal, you must practice 960 hours in the 5 years proceeding your renewal, have graduated from a nursing program in the past 5 years, or complete a reentry program
Additional Information and Links
Oregon State Board of Nursing
17938 SW Upper Boones Ferry Rd.
Portland, Oregon 97224-7012
Design your ideal job
Design your ideal job