Washington State Nursing License, Verification And Renewal Facts
Looking for information on how to get your Washington state nursing license?
Below is information on how to get your Washington state nursing license as well as information about the Washington state nursing renewal and verification processes.
If you need additional help in getting your Washington nursing license, fill out the form to get in touch with a licensure expert.
How to Get Your Washington State Nursing License
Below is important information on how to get your Washington state nursing license, including fees and requirements.
- $120 for Washington nursing licensure by exam or endorsement
- Washington State is not a member of the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact
- All individuals are required to complete 7 hours of AIDS training.
- All individuals must pass the NCLEX examination
- You must complete an FBI background check if you have an out-of-state address
Washington State License Verification Facts
The Washington state nurse verification process is simple. You can verify if your Washington nursing license has been issued online here.
Washington State Nursing License Renewal Facts
Need to renew your Washington state nursing license? Below is information on the Washington nursing license renewal process.
- $120 fee to renew your Washington nursing license
- Washington State nursing licenses only last one year
- The deadline for renewal is on your birthday
- There is a $50 late renewal fee
- The continuing competence requirements are 532 hours of active practice and 45 hours of continuing education for every three year cycle
- You only have to send in documentation of meeting the continued competence requirements if you are notified of an audit
Additional Information and Links
Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission
Town Center 2
111 Israel Rd S.E.
Tumwater, WA 98501
Design your ideal job