Travel Nurse Housing
Onward Healthcare is pleased to provide free standard housing as a helpful alternative to receiving lodging per diem. If you elect to receive provided housing, our team of territory experts will work diligently to find you safe, clean, quality accommodations within a reasonable commute time of your facility.
Our travel nurse housing complexes are always in safe neighborhoods that are close to your facility, with options that include:
- Free, private housing in a one-bedroom or studio apartment
- Private two-bedroom accommodations upon request (additional fees may apply)
- Extended stay apartments or hotel accommodations in select locations
- A generous housing subsidy if you choose your own accommodations
- Properties are selected based on safety, quality, pricing, availability, and distance from the facility.
- Hotels are often necessary for assignments under 10 weeks or if an apartment is not quite ready at your move-in date. We work hard to limit hotel stays for assignments longer than 10 weeks.
- Housing requests and demands must be communicated to your Recruiter as soon as possible. Two bedrooms, pets, partners, children, amenity requests, floor or location preference and commute times should all be discussed up front so our team is able to best meet your needs based on availability. Requests made after housing has been assigned may not be accounted for.
- Co-pays will be required when Non-Standard Housing is requested and received. If applicable, these details would be communicated to you by your recruiter.
- Travel Partners including children are welcome! Criminal background applications are a requirement for all tenants 18 years or older.
- Pets are welcome! Please carefully read through our pet policy.
- Standard furniture and utilities are included. Housewares are not included. Phone, cable and internet must be set up by the Healthcare Professional. See below for a list of what is included in the furniture package.
- When extensions occur, we are typically able to work with the property and keep your original assigned housing; however, there are times when the unit is not available to extend and a move may be necessary. The sooner we know about the extension the better chance we have of extending the lease, so please keep your Recruiter notified as soon as possible if you are interested in an extension.
- Move In, Move Out and Maintenance: We highly encourage you to fill out the property supplied inspection documentation and do a walk through with a property team member upon move in and move out. Documenting the condition of the unit is the only way we are able to fight against damage charges that could be passed along to you. If you have a maintenance issue, always contact the property directly.
- Please be aware, many of the properties and hotels we use are non-smoking. Be sure to let your Recruiter know if you need smoke-friendly housing, and to be safe, check with the property or hotel to avoid possible charges for smoke damage.
- Bed Bugs, although rare, are an unfortunate reality. If you believe you have bed bugs in your unit, please contact the property manager immediately to do an inspection. Next, contact your Recruiter or the Housing Account Executive so we can get you the necessary procedure information and support you'll need to rectify the situation as quickly as possible.
The majority of apartments include full amenities, including refrigerator, stove, and a fully furnished dining room, living room and bedroom. Most apartments located within a complex will also include a washer/dryer, fitness center, pool and covered parking.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact your Recruiter or the Housing Account Executive so we can provide you with any necessary information and support.
Search Nursing Jobs Now