Nurse Licensure Compact: RN Jobs in Nursing Compact States
Looking for a travel nursing job in a Nurse Licensure Compact state? Onward Healthcare has travel nurse jobs in all 33 nursing compact states.
Our knowledgeable licensure experts will walk you through the process and find you a travel nurse job in the nursing compact state of your choice.
Interested in learning more about the RN compact states? Choose from the following topics below.
Sponsored by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN), the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) allows nurses to obtain a multi-state nursing license, enabling them to practice in other nursing compact states without having to apply for additional licensure.
The Nurse Licensure Compact is especially beneficial for travel nurses, as it allows RNs to travel to multiple states without having to deal with the costs and time associated with getting additional nursing licensure.
What are the compact nursing states? Below is the list of nursing compact states as of March 15, 2021.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey (accepting compact licenses only)
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
In order to obtain a compact nursing license, individuals must meet the requirements set forth by the NCSBN below:
- Individuals must legally reside in a designated nursing compact state. (See list above)
- Individuals must hold an active RN or LPN/VN nursing license that’s in good standing with the BON
- Individuals must declare a compact nursing state as their primary state of residence.
- Individuals must meet the nursing licensure requirements in their home state (i.e. primary state of residence).
*For more detailed instructions on how to get your multi-state nursing license, visit the NCBSN website.
The Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) is an updated version of the current Nurse Licensure Compact. Official implementation of the eNLC went into effect Friday, January 19, 2018.
Got questions about the NLC? Our team of experts will walk you through the process of obtaining your compact nursing license. Just give us a call at 1-(800)-544-7255