Nursing Jobs in America
U.S. Travel Nursing Jobs for Canadian Nurses from Onward
If you’re looking to relocate to the U.S. as a registered nurse, Onward Healthcare is the company for you! Over the years, we’ve helped many nurses from Canada connect with quality nursing jobs in America and realize their goal of furthering their nursing careers with a move to the United States.
Starting your U.S. Travel Nursing Career
Requirements for Working as a Travel Nurse in the U.S.
Our dedicated recruitment and immigration experts are ready to help you achieve your personal and professional goals. Here’s a checklist of the major requirements needed to join Onward Healthcare's Canadian Nurse Program:
- Canadian Passport: RNs are required to have a valid Canadian Passport to work as a travel nurse in the U.S.
- TN Visa: The TN Status allows Canadian nurses to work in the United States, typically for up to three years. An individual’s trade NAFTA visa will be sponsored by Onward Healthcare and can be renewed.
- Passing NCLEX RN: If you have not already passed the NCLEX RN exam in Canada, Onward offers guidance on how to apply for the exam. Individuals must receive passing NCLEX RN results to qualify for a VisaScreen Certificate.
- VisaScreen Certificate: Individuals must have a current VisaScreen Certificate issued by I.C.H.P. (Division of CGFNS) to qualify for a TN Visa.
- U.S. Nursing License: RNs must be qualified for an RN license in the state in which they intend on working. Some states have a reciprocal arrangement with Canada, meaning nurses don’t need the nursing license from that particular state.