Five travel nurses wearing ski attire and holding skis overlooking the snowy slopes.

Nursing Jobs in America

Interested in Becoming a U.S. Travel Nurse?


If you’re looking to relocate to the U.S. as a registered nurse, Onward Healthcare is the company for you! Over the years, we’ve helped many nurses from Canada connect with quality nursing jobs in America and realize their goal of furthering their nursing careers with a move to the United States.

Get Started Today

How to Become a U.S. Travel Nurse

Onward Healthcare can Help

Our dedicated recruitment and immigration experts are ready to help you achieve your personal and professional goals. Travel nursing jobs with Onward Healthcare in the U.S. are plentiful. Our goal is to provide nurses looking to relocate to the U.S. the necessary tools and dedicated support to offer a seamless move.

Requirements of Travel Nursing in America

  • Canadian Passport: RNs are required to have a valid Canadian Passport to work as a travel nurse in the U.S.
  • TN Visa: The TN Status allows Canadian nurses to work in the United States, typically for up to three years. An individual’s trade NAFTA visa will be sponsored by Onward Healthcare and can be renewed.
  • Passing NCLEX RN: If you have not already passed the NCLEX RN exam in Canada, Onward offers guidance on how to apply for the exam. Individuals must receive passing NCLEX RN results to qualify for a VisaScreen Certificate.
  • VisaScreen Certificate: Individuals must have a current VisaScreen Certificate issued by I.C.H.P. (Division of CGFNS) to qualify for a TN Visa.
  • U.S. Nursing License: RNs must be qualified for an RN license in the state in which they intend on working. Some states have a reciprocal arrangement with Canada, meaning nurses don’t need the nursing license from that particular state.

Learn More About Travel Nursing

Connect with a Recruiter Today

* Indicates Required Fields


By clicking "SUBMIT" I agree to receive emails, automated text messages and phone calls (including calls that contain prerecorded content) from and on behalf of {{site_name}}, its parent, AMN Healthcare, and affiliates. I understand these messages will be to the email or phone number provided, and will be about employment opportunities, positions in which I’ve been placed, and my employment with AMN companies. See privacy policy or cookie policy for more details.